Skip to content

Release plan - v12.x Maintenance #494

Closed

Description

@targos
Week Release candidate Approximative date Release Releaser
2019 - 43 2019-10-21 v12.13.0 (Active) @targos
2019 - 47 2019-11-19 2019-11-26 v12.13.1 @targos
2020 - 02 2019-12-24 2020-01-07 v12.14.1 @BethGriggs
2020 - 06 2020-02-06 v12.15.0 (Security) @BethGriggs
2020 - 07 2020-01-14 2020-02-12 v12.16.0 @targos
2020 - 08 2020-02-18 2020-02-25 v12.16.1 @MylesBorins
2020 - 13 2020-03-17 2020-04-07 v12.16.2 @codebytere
2020 - 17 2020-04-21 2020-04-28 v12.16.3 @targos
2020 - 22 2020-05-12 2020-05-26 v12.17.0 @targos
2020 - 23 - 2020-06-02 v12.18.0 (Security) @targos
2020 - 25 2020-06-09 2020-06-16 v12.18.1 @codebytere
2020 - 27 2020-06-26 2020-06-30 v12.18.2 @BethGriggs (Additional release)
2020 - 30 2020-07-14 2020-07-21 v12.18.3 @codebytere
2020 - 35 2020-09-29 2020-10-06 v12.19.0 @codebytere
2020 - 44 - 2020-11-16 v12.19.1 (Security) @BethGriggs
2020 - 45 2020-11-03 2020-11-24 v12.20.0 (Maintenance) @ruyadorno / @MylesBorins
2021 - 1 2021-01-04 v12.20.1 (Security) @richardlau
2021 - 4 2021-02-10 v12.20.2 @ruyadorno
2021 - 8 - 2021-02-23 v12.21.0 (Security) @richardlau
2021 - 13 - 2021-03-30 v12.22.0 @richardlau
2021 - 14 - 2021-04-06 v12.22.1 (Security) @MylesBorins
2021 - 26 - 2021-07-01 (Security) v12.22.2 @richardlau
2021 - 27 - 2021-07-05 v12.22.3 @richardlau
2021 - 30 - 2021-07-29 v12.22.4 (Security) @richardlau
2021 - ?? - 2021-08-25 v12.22.5 (Security) @BethGriggs
2021 - ?? - 2021-08-31 v12.22.6 (Security) @MylesBorins
2021 - ?? - 2021-10-12 v12.22.7 (Security) @danielleadams
2021 - ?? - 2021-12-16 v12.22.8 @richardlau
2022 - 02 - 2022-01-10 v12.22.9 (Security) @richardlau
2022 - ?? 2022-01-25 2022-02-01 v12.22.10 @ruyadorno
2022 - ?? - 2022-03-17 v12.22.11 (Security) @richardlau
2022 - ?? 2022-03-30 2022-04-05 v12.22.12 @richardlau

Activity

  1. BethGriggs commented on Oct 24, 2019

    @BethGriggs
    Member

    Previously we've aimed for one scheduled release per month, with one semver-minor release per quarter. Does it make sense to start with that for v12.x? One consideration would be that with v12.x only has 12months of Active LTS.

  2. MylesBorins commented on Oct 24, 2019

    @MylesBorins
    Contributor
  3. changed the title [-]Release plan - v12.x LTS[/-] [+]Release plan - v12.x Active LTS[/+] on Oct 24, 2019
  4. targos commented on Oct 24, 2019

    @targos
    MemberAuthor

    I added a table to the OP with this cadence. Does it look good?

  5. pinned this issue on Oct 27, 2019
  6. targos commented on Oct 31, 2019

    @targos
    MemberAuthor

    /cc @nodejs/lts

  7. richardlau commented on Oct 31, 2019

    @richardlau
    Member

    LGTM. Only question I have is April 2020 is Node.js 10 transitioning to maintenance (potential last minute rush to get things into 10.x) and initial Node.js 14 so whether a semver-minor for 12 in the same month would be overloading the releasers?

  8. BethGriggs commented on Oct 31, 2019

    @BethGriggs
    Member

    Looks good but I also agree with @richardlau - but maybe we can make that call closer to the time depending on Releaser availability?

  9. mhdawson commented on Nov 1, 2019

    @mhdawson
    Member

    +1 to proposed schedule

  10. BethGriggs commented on Jan 27, 2020

    @BethGriggs
    Member

    Thoughts on whether v12.15.0(nodejs/node#31368) should be delayed due to https://nodejs.org/en/blog/vulnerability/february-2020-security-releases/? /cc @nodejs/releasers @nodejs/lts @targos

  11. targos commented on Jan 27, 2020

    @targos
    MemberAuthor

    I think we should reschedule it. Maybe the week after the security release?

  12. MylesBorins commented on Jan 27, 2020

    @MylesBorins
    Contributor

    +1 on delaying until the week after the security release.

    There are a couple module related PRs that landed in the last 13.x release we should consider including. I'll work on backporting this week.

  13. ggoodman commented on Jan 28, 2020

    @ggoodman

    If v12.15 will be delayed by a week to make space for the security release, is the an opportunity to slide in a fix like nodejs/node#31005 that is a blocker for us from using v12.x in production?

  14. 13 remaining items

  15. MylesBorins commented on Sep 21, 2020

    @MylesBorins
    Contributor

    I know there is a lot of interest in getting modules PRs backported, included some more recent changes that are about to land. While we technically could land these in a Semver-Patch, I think it would be best if they went out in a minor. Do folks have an appetite to pushing out the Maintenance date by a bit so we can have a few more weeks prior to the minor and perhaps one more patch before maintenance?

  16. addaleax commented on Sep 21, 2020

    @addaleax
    Member

    Do folks have an appetite to pushing out the Maintenance date by a bit so we can have a few more weeks prior to the minor and perhaps one more patch before maintenance?

    We originally had two minors planned, are you suggesting to wait longer and merge this into a single minor release? I don’t have strong feelings, but I would prefer not to push it out further than the originally planned final minor release, and I personally don’t see any reason not to do two separate minors if that means that module changes which are deemed important can be backported to v12.x with a bit more time.

  17. MylesBorins commented on Sep 22, 2020

    @MylesBorins
    Contributor

    @addaleax the maintenance minor, to the best of my understanding, is meant to be only flipping the bit to maintenance without other changes. I could be completely mistaken though

  18. richardlau commented on Sep 22, 2020

    @richardlau
    Member

    There’s no bit to flip for maintenance — you’re thinking of the transition to LTS.

  19. MylesBorins commented on Sep 22, 2020

    @MylesBorins
    Contributor

    @richardlau 👍. excellent, if we have 2 semver-minors then we are fine for timing imho

  20. addaleax commented on Sep 22, 2020

    @addaleax
    Member

    Cool – is the next release going to be semver-minor? I’ve started cherry-picking to v12.x-staging but have stayed away from minors so far, if we include them then I can probably do quite a bit more there

  21. MylesBorins commented on Sep 22, 2020

    @MylesBorins
    Contributor

    I believe it will be!

  22. MylesBorins commented on Nov 3, 2020

    @MylesBorins
    Contributor

    Working on the 12.x release right now. There are a few modules changes we might want to include that are likely going out today or tomorrow. I'm thinking it might make sense to push the release by 1 week to give a tiny bit more time for baking. Thoughts?

  23. Flarna commented on Nov 3, 2020

    @Flarna
    Member

    nodejs/node#35777 fixed a regression in 12.19.0. Maybe include it even it has not yet arrived on 14 yet?

    fyi @mhdawson

  24. changed the title [-]Release plan - v12.x Active LTS[/-] [+]Release plan - v12.x Maintenance[/+] on Dec 4, 2020
  25. unpinned this issue on Oct 23, 2021
  26. targos commented on Apr 8, 2022

    @targos
    MemberAuthor

    Closing as no more releases are planned.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment

Metadata

Metadata

Assignees

No one assigned

    Labels

    No labels
    No labels

    Type

    No type

    Projects

    No projects

      Milestone

      No milestone

      Relationships

      None yet

      Development

      No branches or pull requests

      Issue actions