You signed in with another tab or window. Reload to refresh your session.You signed out in another tab or window. Reload to refresh your session.You switched accounts on another tab or window. Reload to refresh your session.Dismiss alert
@Fishrock123 I'm unsure how to do an extended RC on a minor and not run the risk of a security fix pushing it off. How do you think we could better approach it?
@thealphanerd Should we just do RC's sooner? Do we need a second staging branch? I'm not sure. People have been waiting quite a few months for some of those and I'd hate to see it delayed again because of a semi-scheduled OpenSSL release-y thing again. :(
Remember we are already significantly behind the schedule we original had discussed for it, aka alongside v6.
If you need any help doing that, I should be able to jump it..
Activity
Fishrock123 commentedon May 11, 2016
@thealphanerd Why's v4.5.0 so far out? With this OpenSSL release schedule (~2 months?) that may run into a security release again.
richardlau commentedon May 12, 2016
@thealphanerd Presumably you mean Tuesday June (not July) 14th?
MylesBorins commentedon May 12, 2016
@richardlau indeed. Good eye!
jasnell commentedon May 16, 2016
That schedule looks fine for me. If there happens to be another OpenSSL release in that time we can deal with it then.
mhdawson commentedon May 16, 2016
Looks good to me.
Fishrock123 commentedon May 16, 2016
I'm not comfortable with it. I'd like to ensure we can get a v4.5.0 out when we plan to.
@thealphanerd Any idea what minors are scheduled so far for that?
MylesBorins commentedon May 16, 2016
minors agreed upon:
minors with lts-watch flag but not discussed:
Socket#connectingproperty node#6404@Fishrock123 I'm unsure how to do an extended RC on a minor and not run the risk of a security fix pushing it off. How do you think we could better approach it?
Fishrock123 commentedon May 19, 2016
@thealphanerd Should we just do RC's sooner? Do we need a second staging branch? I'm not sure. People have been waiting quite a few months for some of those and I'd hate to see it delayed again because of a semi-scheduled OpenSSL release-y thing again. :(
Remember we are already significantly behind the schedule we original had discussed for it, aka alongside v6.
If you need any help doing that, I should be able to jump it..
Fishrock123 commentedon May 19, 2016
Also nodejs/node#6404 probably doesn't need to be backported, one can just access the
_connectingproperty.Aside, I'd love to be able to land #108 in it, but that may be too short. Although by that time it will be almost 2 months anyways.
MylesBorins commentedon May 19, 2016
@Fishrock123 I can get an RC out next week soon after the v4.4.5 release, no objections regarding #108, wrote in the thread
MylesBorins commentedon Jun 23, 2016
I'm going to close this for now and open a new thread about release cadance